Juvenile Offenses

Some parents think that when a child or teenager is accused of a crime, it is not so serious and can be easily dismissed. This is not the case.

A juvenile conviction can lead to a lifetime of problems, including lost job opportunities, ineligibility for student loans and worse. Even a juvenile traffic court conviction can limit your teenager's ability to drive and your insurance coverage for years.

For many parents, little is more stressful than watching your child face criminal charges. You cannot let your child live the rest of his or her life saddled with the consequences of something that happened when they were young. A false accusation, a poor choice, or an innocent mistake has the potential to ruin their life.

A lawyer who primarily handles adult clients may not understand the ins and outs of juvenile court. If your child is facing criminal charges, it is important to take it very seriously and consult with the skilled juvenile defense attorneys at Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, as soon as possible. Once you do, you will breathe easier knowing your child's future has been placed into trustworthy, capable hands.

We handle every type of juvenile delinquency offense, including:

  • Underage drinking
  • Disorderly conduct
  • Criminal mischief
  • Criminal damaging
  • Juvenile traffic offenses
  • Burglary
  • Robbery
  • Felonious assault
  • Sexual imposition
  • Assault
  • OVI, DUI & drunk driving
  • Drug possession and paraphernalia
  • Shoplifting
  • Trespassing
  • Truancy
  • Incorrigibility
  • Bindover
  • Rape

Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, today to schedule your free consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions about

Won't my child's case be automatically cleared from their record when they turn 18?

At age 18, a minor can petition to seal court records of arrests or convictions. This is called expungement. Sealed records will not turn up on background checks and do not have to be listed on job or college applications. Violent crimes, sexual offenses and certain other offenses cannot be expunged.

A juvenile conviction can interfere with your child's ability to enter college or the military and to find employment. To keep one poor choice from impacting your child's future, contact the juvenile defense lawyers at Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, for your free consultation today.

How do I get my child help instead of punishment?

There are a number of programs run through the court system as alternatives to traditional punishments. Some options are individual and/or group counseling, residential drug treatment and outpatient drug treatment. An attorney that understands the particulars of juvenile court can find a strategy to suit your child's needs.

To see what we can do for your family, contact the attorneys at Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, for your free consultation today.

My child is charged with a serious crime. What could happen to him/her?

There are several potential outcomes for serious crimes:

  • Incarceration by the Ohio Department of Youth Services to a juvenile detention facility until age 21
  • Bound over to stand trial as an adult (adult prison sentence if convicted)
  • Sex offender registration
  • Removal from parent's home
  • 90-day Residential Treatment program

If your child is facing charges of a violent crime or serious felony, it is important to have an attorney represent you who has training in juvenile court rules and procedure. The attorneys at Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, have extensive experience in Ohio Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts. They know when to push for dismissal of charges and how to negotiate the most favorable deal. They are accomplished trial lawyers who can make prosecutors prove their case in court.

My child is charged with a sex offense. What could happen?

If your child is convicted of a juvenile sex offense, they may face sex offender registration for 20 years or more, sex offender treatment (outpatient or inpatient, and possibly at an out-of-state facility), restrictions on computer/internet use, school restrictions, and others.

The most commonly charged sex offenses include charges for sexting (dissemination of matter harmful to minors), date rape (rape), and statutory rape (unlawful sexual conduct with a minor). The prosecution of sexual offenses is different from other crimes. Without the right attorney, someone charged with a sex crime may face unintended consequence years after his or her case is over.

The lawyers at Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, have an uncommon level of expertise with sexual offense defense. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.

Does my child need an attorney?

Juvenile Court can often be hectic and overwhelming. It is important to have the right lawyer who can help you to navigate the juvenile system. Even if you qualify for a public defender, you will still benefit from hiring a private attorney. Judges and prosecutors are more responsive to an attorney that appears in court focused only on your case, instead of an appointed lawyer who has a dozen other clients in court that day. Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, gives you and your family the personal attention you deserve. Contact us today.