Common Reasons Behind Traffic Accidents
An average of 65,000 traffic accidents happen on Ohio roads every year. Negligence is often at the root of these accidents, but there are various other causes that contribute to negligent driving.
What Causes Traffic Crashes?
Some of the most common reasons for auto accidents include:
- Reckless driving: Anything from inattentive driving, zoning out or speeding could be considered reckless driving that could lead to a serious collision.
- Distracted driving: Driving while distracted is quickly becoming one of the most common causes of traffic accidents. Drivers can get distracted while texting, viewing their GPS or talking to passengers. Serious and life-changing accidents can result from distractions while driving.
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is always dangerous. It slows reaction time and reflexes, and is one of the top causes for fatal accidents.
- Drowsy driving: Driving while drowsy is just as dangerous as driving drunk. Drowsy drivers could fall asleep or zone out behind the wheel, putting other drivers at risk.
- Reacting to other drivers: It is always important to be a defensive driver. However, reacting to another driver’s recklessness can also result in a severe collision.
- Bad weather: Snow, rain and ice can make driving conditions unpleasant. It is always important to drive carefully, but some reckless drivers may not adjust their driving to suit the weather, leading to serious accidents.
- Defective automobiles: There are some accidents where the other driver may not be at fault. Auto defects, such as faulty brakes or bad tires, can also cause serious traffic accidents. We will hold manufacturers responsible for their negligence.
You Can Count On Our Accident Attorneys
Regardless of what caused your accident or injuries, the lawyers of Ross, Midian & Breitmayer, LLC, are here to help. We will guide you through every step of your personal injury claim with individualized attention. It is our goal to meet your needs and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today To Discuss Your Claim
Contact our Columbus office to arrange a free consultation today. Let our attorneys handle the details of your claim, so you can focus on recovering after a serious accident. You can reach our firm by email or by calling 614-228-4488. We are ready to help you, and we can meet with you at your convenience.
You will not owe us any legal fees unless we recover compensation for your injuries.